Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can we get the year right?

So I’m a regular of KSL.com automotive classifieds.  It’s amazing how many ‘65 - ‘78 cars there are for sale in the Utah/Idaho/Wyoming area.  Today there were 1,582.  So I come across this ad:

The Gearheads may be able to tell me from this picture what’s wrong with this ad.  More of you may, but since this blog has had only about a dozen visits over the past month, I doubt anyone else who does will see this.

The problem with this ad is that there was a major remodel of the Ford Galaxie/LTD line for the 1969 model year, and there is no doubt in my mind that this is a 1969 Ford Galaxie.

1969 is the only year that sported these tail lights.  The picture below shows the back end of a ‘68.

The front end of the ‘68 and the ‘69 are a lot closer, although they still have their differences.  The ‘69 is the top picture, the ‘68 below it.

I’m not sure how people get the year wrong of the car they are selling, one would assume (bad word) that you know the year of your car, or at least checked the title before putting it up for sale.  But I see this quite often, and considering all the other cars for sale that I don’t know as well as the Galaxie/LTD, I know there are some wrong years that even I missed.

No comments: