Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Are you kidding?

SUV So, you know those window cleaner thingies most gas stations have?  The ones that have a squeegee on one side and a sponge on the other side.  A sponge that is covered in a netting designed to scratch those pesky bugs off your windshield.  Yeah, that’s the thing.

I’ve seen a few people actually wash their cars with those.  Most of the time it’s an old beater with a less than perfect paint job anyway.

Not today.  This relatively new, $60,000 Mercedes SUV is being washed with the windshield squeegee.  The whole thing.  First I thought if I guy can shell out $60,000 for a car, you’d think he could afford 8 bucks every month or so for one of our touchless carwashes.  Then I realized what he was doing was even worse for the vehicle than not washing it in the first place.

So, NOTE TO GENERAL PUBLIC:  Do not wash your vehicle with the window squeegee at the gas station.  They are designed for scrubbing bugs off glass, which is a hell of a lot harder to scratch than your paint.

Thanks.  Now I have fulfilled my FCC Public Service Announcement quota for this year.

sartin

No comments: